The California Rhinoplasty Society purpose is to enhance and promote education in the field of rhinoplasty surgery within the State of California.
Inaugural Leadership Council of the California Rhinoplasty Society
At least 4 of 5 criteria must be met to become a full member
- Board Certified Surgeon By At Least One Or Any Combination Of The Following ABO, ABFPRS, ABPS
- Receive A Letter Of Recommendation From Residency Program Director Or Fellowship Director, Or Existing Member In Good Standing Of CRS
- Perform A Minimum Average Of 25 Rhinoplasty Surgeries Per Year (Case Log To Be Verified)
- Contribute To The Field Of Rhinoplasty Surgery With At Least One Formal Presentation At Recognized State Or National Meeting, Publication In Peer Reviewed Journal, Be A AAFPRS Fellowship Director, Be A Preceptor In Rhinoplasty Education Courses Through State, National Or International Societies.
- Must Have Been In Practice For At Least 5 Years Or Performed A Minimum Of 100 Rhinoplasty Surgeries Of Which At Least 10% Have Been Revision Rhinoplasty Cases Or Reconstructive Rhinoplasty Cases.
- To Provide A Forum For Exchange Of Information And Ideas Relating To The Art And Science Of Functional And Aesthetic Rhinoplasty
- To Promote And Update Education, Philosophy And Research Pertaining To Nasal Surgery In Order To Inform The Membership, The Medical Profession, And The General Public
- To Insure The Highest Standards Of Professional Skill And Competence Among Rhinoplasty Surgeons In The State Of California
- To Promote The Highest Ethical Standards Of Professional Conduct Among Surgeons Performing Functional And Aesthetic Surgery Of The Nose Within The State Of California
- To Cooperate With National And International Organizations For The Advancement Of Knowledge In Nasal Surgery.
- To Create Educational Content And Meetings For The Membership In Conjunction With The California Society Of Facial Plastic Surgery And Additional Venues Within The State Of California.
- To Serve As A Non Political Organization Dedicated To The Study Of Nasal Surgery Among Board Certified Surgeons In The Specialties Of Facial Plastic Surgery, Plastic Surgery, And Otolaryngology. We Specifically Encourage And Foster Inter-Disciplinary Interactions For A Free Flow Of Ideas, Research, And Techniques Related To Functional And Aesthetic Rhinoplasty Surgery.
- Membership Criteria Are The Same For All Specialties And Leadership Of The Society Is Based On A Rotating Council Of Members Biannually With A Chair Nominated By The Council.
- Membership Levels Include 1)Full Membership 2)Associate Membership And 3) Honorary Membership
- Full Membership Is Defined By The Following Criteria: Surgeons With An Active CA Medical License Who Has Completed Board Certification, Has An Active Interest In Nasal Surgery And Performs On Average 25 Nasal Surgeries Per Year And Has A Letter Of Recommendation From Two Peers Who Are In One Of The Specialties. Members Of The Rhinoplasty Society Who Are Licensed In CA Automatically Qualify For Full Membership. Full Members Have Voting Privileges And Pay Annual Dues.
- Associate Membership For Surgeons In Training In An Accredited Residency Or Fellowship Program In Plastic Surgery, Facial Plastic Surgery, Otolaryngology, Or Rhinology. An Associate Member May Advance To Full Membership After Receiving Board Certification In Their Respective Specialty And With A Letter Of Recommendation From Their Training Director In Addition To Have Completed At Least 100 Nasal Surgical Cases After Board Certification. Associate Members Do Not Have Voting Privileges And Pay No Dues.
- Honorary Membership: The Leadership Council May Confer This Level Of Membership For Individuals Who Have Been Recognized For Outstanding Contributions In The Field Of Rhinoplasty And Are Not Required To Hold A CA Medical License. Honorary Members Pay No Dues And Are Non Voting Members.
- The Leadership Council Is Limited To 10 At Large Members And 1 Standing Member, Which Is The President Of The CSFPS. The At Large Members Have Staggered Terms Of 3 Years. The At Large Members Is Composed Of A Maximum Of 5 Facial Plastic Surgeons, 3 Plastic Surgeons And 2 Otolaryngologists.